Inter-library Loan Services
Atchison Public Library is part of the North-east Kansas Library System (NEKLS). Thanks to our participation in this regional consortium, we can easily borrow and lend materials to other libraries in the area. Simply search our catalog and place holds on the desired item and it will be delivered to our library.
If there are items you would like to borrow, but are not found in the catalog, we can borrow them from outside our region when you fill out the Inter-library Loan Request form. There is a minimum replacement cost of $20 for lost ILL items.
How to Place Holds
1) Click the NeXpress button below to access the online catalog
2) Log-in to your account (Library card number & pin needed)
3) Type your topic/title in the search bar
4) Click "Place Hold" under the title(s) you would like to borrow
5) Confirm pick up location and expiration dates
6) You will be notified by email or phone when item is available
Searching Outside APL Catalog
If you plan to borrow a lot of materials from outside our library consortium, we can easily set up an account for you to search for the materials you want yourself. Just e-mail Cindy Kloepper (firstname.lastname@example.org) for access.